Our college has NCC unit for boy students. Capt.T.K.Vishnuram is acting as the NCC Officer. This unit has 50 numbers of students. I year and II year students can become NCC cadets. Every year NCC cadets take part in all the festivals like Independence Day, Republic Day, Gandhi Jeyanthi etc., and various programmes like bicycle rally, Blood donation camp and Eye donation camp etc., in our college. Our college NCC unit gives Guard of Honour to all the Chief guests always whenever the college celebrate the functions like Graduation day, Independence Day, Republic Day, Gandhi Jeyanthi etc., A few of the important programmes are listed below
- 23.02.2007 Cycle Rally – Awareness of Right to Information Act
- 08.03.2007 Women’s Day Celebration
- 15.08.2007 Independence Day Celebration
- A “Cycle Rally” to Alagarkovil, Madurai on 28.08.2008 to spread the news about “Environmental issues”.
- To promote education of the children of weavers, the College NCC Company Commander Capt. T.K. Vishnuram along with Bhagath Singh Youth Forum of Nilaiyur organized a Felicitation Function to felicitate the students who secured more than 400 out of 500 marks in SSLC Public Examination and 1000 out of 1200 marks in Higher Secondary Examinations conducted by Tamilnadu Education Department. This service is being provided for the past five years. In the earlier years, the total number of students who secured highest marks is only 10 which has increased to 34 during the academic year 2009-2010. The students are presented with a shield, an English dictionary and writing materials.
- 16.03.2009 to 19.03.2009 – Four Day State Level Orientation Programme at Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai conducted by Youth Red Cross and Indian Red Cross Society.
- Global Awareness Camp was held on 15th December 2009.
- A Cycle Rally was arranged to stress the need for preserving energy and water to create a pollution-free environment. Slogans were raised stressing the danger of Global Warming.
- NCC cadets have collected a sizable amount for our National Flag Day celebration.